eBooks by Ching
eBooks for Purchase
- Ching’s Guide to Studying Korean in Seoul (Yonsei University KLI) (2017 Edition, 40 pages)
Anyone who is looking into studying Korean in Seoul (or anywhere else in South Korea) will face self-doubt and wonder if it is worth the time and money. I had the same doubts before I took the leap of faith and eventually graduated from Yonsei University Korean Language Institute. I believe in education for the sake of self-development and not just job prospects, so I would say go for it, especially if you are not the sole breadwinner in the family. In my eBook, I have answered many of the questions I had that I couldn’t find answers to before I went to Korea, and I have also included some of the FAQs by readers.
- Ching’s Guide to Learning Foreign Languages (2017 Edition, 40 slides)
I grew up speaking English, Mandarin and Cantonese with varying fluency, and now I speak four languages, after having graduated from Yonsei University Korean Language Institute. Over the years, I have also taken 2 semesters of French lessons and passed DELF A1, 1 semester of German, and 1 semester of Malay at NTU; I studied up to JLPT N3, and I also picked up basic Thai at a language school. While I may not be the most effectively multilingual person, I have developed some insights into learning a foreign language successfully, which I share in the eBook.
Other Good Reads
- Ann Street Studio, inventors of Cinemagraph.
- Candace Rose Rardon, a travel writer and sketch artist.
- Legal Nomads by Jodi Ettenberg, a former lawyer who now tells travel stories through food.
- Life for Beginners, a Malaysian writer who believes that we all have stories.
- Tofugu, all things Japanese.
- 기억에 남다, where I blog in Korean.
- Adventures of 2 Girls by Ning Cai and Pamela Ho
- Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell
- Floating on a Malayan Breeze by Sudhir Thomas Vadaketh
- Hong Kong State of Mind by Jason Y. Ng
- How to be Parisian Wherever You Are by Anne Berest, Audrey Diwan, Caroline de Maigret and Sophie Mas
- On the Road by Jack Kerouc
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- The Tao of Travel: Enlightenment from Lives on the Road by Paul Theroux
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Will Write for Food by Dianne Jacob
- 夢想這條路踏上了，跪著也要走完 by Peter Su