You, me and my camera, and a romantic sense of adventure. One moment we could be at a palace in traditional costumes, and the next we could be in the hippest traditional market for some rowdiness, before we find ourselves roaming the city centre for some dreamy sunsets and dazzling night lights.
Discover a new city and country, while having your photos taken. That’s what a travelogue pre-wedding / couple / friends / family photo session with Ching is all about. It’s for avid travellers who want a gallery of images that truly represent who they are, and for the adventurous who do not want to feel restricted to one location and a couple of hours.
And I hear you. You don’t just want pictures that are beautifully crafted and look amazing; you want it to tell a story. That is exactly what I do, as a visual artist and writer searching for beauty in the everyday. My focus is on capturing emotions, and I’m all about making your personality shine in the photos. I seek to take you on an adventure and create memories that you’d want to remember for life.
Your time and experience with me means as much to me as the end product. If you are expressive, outgoing and feel comfortable in front of the camera, let your quirky personality show. Conversely, if you are camera shy, I’m not about to make you do cliché poses. Rather, I’d prefer to fade into the background and chronicle your precious moments with minimal direction. It’s all about going with the flow.
Confidence in front of the camera also comes with wearing whatever makes you feel comfortable. If that means going au naturale because you are not used to putting on makeup, go ahead. If you prefer wearing sneakers, I’m not about to stop you. What matters most is that you like what you see in your photos.
|Mini Adventure||USD$750 (Up to 4 hours)|
|Travelogue||USD$1500 (Up to 8 hours)|
|Expedite Fee||10% of artistically edited images|
- Half price for individual portraits.
- Please contact me for half day or day rates for events and commercial projects.
1. You make an initial payment of USD$200 to secure a time slot.
2. We discuss, plan, and finally photograph.
3. I send low resolution pre-edited images to you within 2 weeks.
4. You select the images you want within 2 weeks.
5. You pay the remaining balance.
6. I deliver the artistically edited images in 2 weeks.
If you’re excited and you can’t wait to post the beautiful photos on your social media, you can pay an expedite fee to speed things up.
What the initial payment includes:
Photographer’s time, which includes consultation time with you, as well as time taken to plan, scout for location, coordinate with hair & makeup artists, vendors and etc.
Initial payment does not include any photographs. The fee is non-refundable and it is for reserving a time slot in the photographer’s schedule, as other clients who try to book the same time slot will be turned down.
Dates are reserved on a first-come-first-serve basis, after the initial payment has been made and the contract signed.
What the edited photos fee includes:
Artistically edited photographs. Photos selected by client will be edited and returned as high resolution jpeg files. No unedited jpeg and/or RAW files will be provided.
What the expedite fee includes:
Depending on the photographer’s schedule, you can pay an expedite fee to have the high resolution photographs edited and delivered to you sooner.
Additional services and products include:
Designing and printing of photo book/album. Client will have flexibility in choosing the cover material, size of photo book/album, and number of photos to be printed. USD$100 service fee; price does not include cost of production and delivery.
1-minute behind-the-scenes short clip. USD$500; price includes cost of purchasing soundtrack license.
Services exclusive to 4 clients per month to ensure that you get all the attention that you need from me.
Photographer is from Singapore and will thus incur flight and accommodation costs. Travel costs for Hong Kong and Seoul will be waived on a case-by-case basis. Additional travel fees may apply for other locations.
Other additional fees such as location permit fees, entrance fees and et cetera will be paid by client.
Please note that the pricing is subject to change without notice. All prices are true at the time of booking.
Interpreting and/or Translation Services
Should you need any assistance with renting hanboks or visiting a beauty salon to get your hair styled and makeup done, please inform me as soon as possible. Interpreting rates start from USD$200 per day but this will be waived, if you have booked a photo session with me.
Hair and Makeup Services
If you are interested in experiencing local salons instead, please feel free to ask for recommendations. *Fees for hair and makeup services are not included in the photo session fees.
ABOUT THE SESSION
Before the session:
1. Discussion over text messages or email.
2. Confirming dates and locations*, as well as concept(s), hair & makeup artists and et cetera.
*Flexible shoot hours and locations; can plan up to 8 hours a day and 5 locations, depending on proximity.
During the session:
3. Come ready with an open mind and light heart, and also with your hair and makeup done.
4. Communication is very important during the photo session. Voice out any wants, needs and concerns that you might have.
After the session:
5. One or two sneak peeks.
6. Photographer may post a few highlights on social media. If you do not wish to have your photos posted online, please inform the photographer before the signing the contract.
7. Client will receive a link to a password-protected online gallery of low resolution photos to choose from in 2 weeks from day of shoot, unless otherwise agreed upon.
8. Online gallery to sample images will be active for 2 weeks. Photographer will start editing the photos only after receipt of client’s selection and payment.
9. Client will receive a link to a password-protected online gallery, where he/she can download high resolution edited images in a zip folder. Usually 2 weeks after photographer receives client’s selection and payment, unless otherwise agreed upon.
10. Designing and producing photo book will take another 2 to 3 months.
11. One-minute short clip will edited and returned in a month.
Browse through my blog archives for more ideas on where you can have your photo session(s) in Singapore, Seoul and/or Hong Kong.
For commercial, advertising or editorial projects, please email me for further discussion on your needs. Thank you!