You, me and my camera, and a romantic sense of adventure.
One moment we could be at a palace in traditional costumes, and the next we could be in the traditional markets for some rowdiness, before we find ourselves roaming the city centre for some dreamy night lights.
Discover a new city and country, while having your photos taken. That’s what a travelogue photo session with Ching is all about.
I’ve been told that my photography style tends towards natural colours with film-like aesthetics and that they have a Korean/Japanese feel to them, but I’ve never limited myself to a specific style. And I hear you. You don’t just want pictures that are beautifully crafted and look amazing; you want it to tell a story. That is exactly what I do, as a visual artist and writer searching for beauty in the everyday. My focus is on capturing emotions, and I’m all about making your personality shine in the photos. I seek to take you on an adventure and create memories that you’d want to remember for life.
Your time and experience with me means as much to me as the end product. If you are expressive, outgoing and feel comfortable in front of the camera, let your quirky personality show. Conversely, if you are camera shy, I’m not about to make you do cliché poses. Rather, I’d prefer to fade into the background and chronicle your precious moments with minimal direction.
Confidence in front of the camera also comes with wearing whatever makes you feel comfortable. If that means going au naturale because you are not used to putting on makeup, go ahead. If you prefer wearing sneakers, I’m not about to stop you. What matters most is that you like what you see in your photos.
Pay only for images that you love, without worrying about time and location restraints. It’s that simple.
1. You pay USD$100 to secure a time slot. Initial payment doesn’t not include any photos.
2. We discuss, plan, and finally photograph.
3. I send low resolution pre-edited images to you within 2 weeks.
4. You select the images you want within 2 weeks.
5. You pay a fixed price per image.
6. I deliver the artistically edited images in 2 weeks.
If you prefer an all-inclusive and no-surprises-after rate, just predetermine the number of images you want before the photo session.
What the session fee includes:
- Photographer’s time, which includes consultation time with you, as well as time taken to plan, scout for location, coordinate with hair & makeup artists, vendors and etc.
- Session fee does not include any photographs. The fee is an initial payment for reserving a time slot in the photographer’s schedule, as other clients who try to book the same time slot will be turned down.
- Flexible shoot hours (up to 8 hours in a day).
- Flexible number of locations (usually up to 5 locations, depending on proximity).
What the edited photos fee includes:
- Artistically edited photographs. Photos selected by client will be edited and returned as high resolution jpeg files. No unedited jpeg and/or RAW files will be provided.
- Half price for individual portrait sessions.
Additional services and products include:
- Designing and printing of photo book/album. Client will have flexibility in choosing the cover material, size of photo book/album, and number of photos to be printed. USD$100 service fee; price does not include cost of production and delivery.
- 1-minute behind-the-scenes short clip. USD$500; price includes cost of purchasing soundtrack license.
A few important things to note:
- Exclusive to 4 clients per month to ensure that you get all the attention that you need from me, so do get in touch as early as you can.
- Photographer is from Singapore and will thus incur costs for airfare and accommodation for shoots out of Singapore. Costs are usually waived and absorbed by photographer for photo sessions in Hong Kong and Seoul in order to make them more affordable for clients. Additional travel fee may apply on a case-by-case basis.
- Dates are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis, after the initial payment has been made. The initial payment is non-refundable, and the balance is to be paid after the shoot.
- All prices exclude fees for rental of gown(s), makeup, transportation, location permit and any other add-on fees that may occur.
- Please note that the price list is subject to change without notice, but all prices are true at the time of booking.
Hair and Makeup Services
I know/work with a few freelance hair and makeup artists in Hong Kong and South Korea. If you are interested in experiencing local salons instead, feel free to ask for recommendations. Important note: Fees for hair and makeup services are not included in the photo session fees.
Interpreting and/or Translation Services
I am proficient in four languages: English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Korean. Should you need any assistance with renting hanboks or visiting a beauty salon to get your hair styled and makeup done, please inform me as soon as possible. Interpreting rates start from USD$200 per day but this will be waived, if you have booked a photo session with me.
About the Session
Before the session:
1. Discussion over text messages or email.
2. Confirming dates, locations, concepts, hair & makeup artists and et cetera.
During the session:
3. Come ready with an open mind and light heart, and also with your hair and makeup done.
4. Communication is very important during the photo session. Voice out any wants, needs and concerns that you might have.
After the session:
5. One or two sneak peeks.
6. Photographer may post a few highlights on social media. If you do not wish to have your photos posted online, please inform the photographer before the signing the contract.
7. Client will receive a link to a password-protected online gallery of low resolution photos to choose from in 2 weeks from day of shoot, unless otherwise agreed upon.
8. Online gallery to sample images will be active for 2 weeks. Photographer will start editing the photos only after receipt of client’s selection and payment.
9. Client will receive a link to a password-protected online gallery, where he/she can download high resolution edited images in a zip folder. Usually 2 weeks after photographer receives client’s selection and payment, unless otherwise agreed upon.
10. Designing and producing photo book will take another 2 to 3 months.
11. One-minute short clip will edited and returned in a month.
You can browse through my blog archives for more ideas on where you can have your photo session(s) in Singapore, Seoul and/or Hong Kong.
For commercial, advertising or editorial projects, please email me for further discussion your needs.