Your story, my vision. Just you, me and my camera. And a romantic sense of adventure. That’s all we need for your travelogue.
I’ve been told that my photography style tends towards natural colours with film-like aesthetics and that they have a Korean/Japanese feel to them, but I’ve never limited myself to a specific style. And I hear you. You don’t just want pictures that are beautifully crafted and look amazing; you want it to tell a story. That is exactly what I do, as a visual artist and writer searching for beauty in the everyday. My focus is on capturing emotions, and I’m all about making your personality shine in the photos. I seek to take you on an adventure and create memories that you’d want to remember for life.
Your time and experience with me means as much to me as the end product. If you are expressive, outgoing and feel comfortable in front of the camera, let your quirky personality show. Conversely, if you are camera shy, I’m not about to make you do cliché poses. Rather, I’d prefer to fade into the background and chronicle your precious moments with minimal direction.
Confidence in front of the camera also comes with wearing whatever makes you feel comfortable. If that means going au naturale because you are not used to putting on makeup, go ahead. If you prefer wearing sneakers, I’m not about to stop you. What matters most is that you like what you see in your photos.
My travelogue session rates are customisable, which gives you the flexibility to tailor your package according to your wants, needs and budget.
What the session fee includes:
- Photographer’s air ticket and accommodation. (Only applies to Hong Kong and Seoul.)
- Photographer’s equipment and time, which includes coordinating with hair & makeup artists and vendors.
- Photographer’s knowledge and skills, which includes styling and concept, as well as basic retouching and colour correcting the images.
A few important things to note:
- I only hold 2 sessions per week, so do get in touch as early as you can.
- For photo sessions out of Seoul, the minimum is a 6-hour shoot.
- Additional travel fee may apply on a case-by-case basis.
- Dates are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis, after the deposit has been made. The deposit is non-refundable, and the balance is to be paid after the shoot.
- All prices exclude fees for rental of gown(s), makeup, transportation, location permit and any other add-on fees that may occur.
- Please note that the price list is subject to change without notice, but all prices are true at the time of booking.
- Photos will be edited and returned as high resolution jpeg files. Unedited and/or RAW files will not be provided.
Hair and Makeup Services
I know and/or work with a few freelance hair and makeup artists in Hong Kong and South Korea. If you are interested in experiencing local salons instead, I can also recommend a few. Important note: Fees for hair and makeup services are not included in my packages.
Interpreting and/or Translation Services
I am proficient in four languages: English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Korean. Should you need any assistance with renting hanboks or visiting a beauty salon to get your hair styled and makeup done, feel free to let me know. Interpreting rates start from USD$200 per day but this will be waived, if you have booked a photo session with me.
Before the Shoot
- Discussion over text messages or email.
- Confirming dates, locations, concepts, hair & makeup artists and et cetera.
During the Shoot
- Come ready with an open mind and light heart, and with your hair and makeup done.
- Communication is very important during the shoot.
After the Shoot
- One or two sneak peeks if you want.
- May post a few highlights on social media.
- Link to password-protected online gallery of sample photos for your approval before I start editing officially. Usually within 10 working days, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Link to password-protected online gallery where you can download your final edited images in a zip folder. Usually 10 working days from the day I receive your selection, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Designing and producing photo book will take another 60 to 90 days.
- One-minute short clip will be edited and returned in high resolution in 30 days.
You can browse through my blog archives for more ideas on where you can have your photo session(s) in Singapore, Seoul and/or Hong Kong.
For commercial, advertising or editorial projects, please email me for further discussion!